[Esip-agclimate] Aforementioned AGU poster about Earthquakes and Twitter

Bill Teng william.l.teng at nasa.gov
Tue Feb 3 16:40:58 EST 2015

Thanks!

Here's that USGS TED system I'd mentioned,
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ted/
and their related Twitter handle,
https://twitter.com/usgsted

As I'd noted, there's the difference in applying social media to
disasters monitoring vs. applying them to, e.g., help to validate
satellite data. The other difference is between applications with which
participants knowingly participate (e.g., http://mping.nssl.noaa.gov/)
and applications that extract information that's just "out there," e.g.,
the Twitter stream. In both differences, I'm more interested in the
latter option.

Bill

--

* Bill Teng, Ph.D.                   |  William.L.Teng at nasa.gov        *
* Goddard Earth Sciences DISC        |  (301) 614-5164 (voice)         *