[Esip-agclimate] Climate Action Is On! Driving Drawdown & Resilience Through Landscape Partnerships

Brian Wee bwee at neptuneinc.org
Fri May 10 16:21:01 EDT 2019

Hi,

There's a DC based event (webcasted) organized by EcoAgriculturePartners
<https://ecoagriculture.org/event/climate-action-is-on-the-subnational-action-driving-drawdown-at-the-landscape-level/>
that I think members of this group may be interested in (although very
unfortunately there does not appear to be much data explicitly involved).
An excerpt of the May 16 (next Thursday, afternoon eastern time) three-hour
event reads as follows:

*"More people and organizations are advocating for all-hands-on-deck to
take action. The need to amplify the solutions already in our midst has
highlighted opportunities in the agriculture and land use sectors.
Innovative, locally-led solutions to climate challenges are accelerating in
the United States and around the world, through climate-smart agriculture
and climate-resilient landscapes. These merit more serious attention from
national and international policymakers, as possibly the clearest pathway
to the scale of change we need.*

*In this exciting event our speakers will share stories of state and local
climate action in agriculture, forestry, and land use that are driving
carbon drawdown and resilience, and how we all can join in to help scale
them up and out."*

- BW