[Esip-agclimate] Ag & Climate Cluster monthly meeting | Tuesday 2021-12-07 @ 1400 hrs EASTERN

Brian Wee bwee at massiveconnections.com
Fri Dec 3 08:29:49 EST 2021

Hello Agriculture and Climate Cluster (ACC) folks and ACC friends:

Our regular monthly ACC meeting is on next Tuesday 2021-12-07 @ 1400 hrs
*EASTERN*.  Connection details are below.  If you are planning on
contributing to or attending the ESIP January 2022 meeting session "In-situ
and remotely-sensed data integration for wildfire management
<https://2022esipjanuarymeeting.sched.com/event/qkoS/in-situ-and-remotely-sensed-data-integration-for-wildfire-management>"
(Wednesday, 2022-01-19, 1330-1600 hrs), come on by to help shape the agenda
(more below on this).  If you cannot make it to the January session, drop
by to get a sense of what we'll be discussing and let Bill Teng, Lindsay
'Bar' Barbieri, and I know if you would like to contribute asynchronously
to the session.

*January 2022 session outline.*   A more detailed outline of the 2.5 hour
workshop in January will be presented next Tuesday for discussion.  For the
sake of email brevity, this is the high-level schema: (1) Conceptual
overview of applied and technology space, (2) Chief Dave Winnacker explains
the fire management challenge, (3) Two parallel breakouts on in-situ and
remotely sensed data for fire management and fire science, (4) Reconvene
for presentations on observation data ingest into models, (5) Breakouts
report-out and discussion with *real-time synthesis* taking into
consideration presentations about model data ingest, (6) Synthesis and
update of initially presented conceptual overview.

The proposed session schema incorporates an innovation that Bar suggested,
and we hope the dynamic elements of the session will engender active
participation from you and the audience.

*Connection details.*

   - To join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone, click:
   https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82026434814?pwd=Z0lnYUxzZklkUm10VEZKT015b3luZz09
   - You can also dial in using your phone.
   - United States: +1 (224) 501-3412
   - Access Code: 534-768-669

- Bill Teng, Lindsay Barbieri, and Brian Wee