[Esip-cf] CF Cluster business

Raskin, Rob (388M) robert.g.raskin at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 27 05:16:08 EDT 2011

The ESIP CF Cluster is now officially starting!

1. We need to identify a telecon date/time, and I suggest we start next week. Please email me (not the entire list) which of the following times will work for you:
1st Tuesday 11am ET
1st Tuesday 12noon ET
1st Wednesday 11am ET
1st Wednesday 12noon ET
1st Thursday 11am ET
1st Thursday 12noon ET

3. Given the heavy traffic on the Unidata cf-satellite list (where specific CF extensions are discussed), the ESIP-CF list can focus instead on:
- Strategic planning - what areas should CF expand into (data quality, swath geometry, etc.)?
- Providing CF tutorials at meetings
- Developing use cases and interoperability demonstrations to support greater usage of the standards
- anything else of interest

4. The ESIP Cluster wiki site is: http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/CF . Please feel free to add content to it.

5. A reminder...  extensions to the CF standards happen entirely through proposals submitted from the community.

-Rob

Rob Raskin
Group Supervisor, Science Data Engineering and Archiving
Instrument Software and Science Data Systems Section
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Pasadena, CA 91109
(818) 354-4228