[ESIP-CF] CF Cluster telecon

Armstrong, Edward M (388M) Edward.M.Armstrong at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 17 15:00:25 EST 2012

HI Rob,

Folks were waiting around for you to show up but the meeting did eventually bubble along.

I didn't take any formal notes  but we did have some good discussion on adding CF metadata to HDF-EOS groups (who has examples of this?) as well as tools for CF validation or even just visualization. We need to build better bridges to the climate community and see how they do validation (or is it just CMORE compliance checker?). Need to formalize remote sensing Level 1/2 extensions for CF so it (easily) supports more than grids (I guess thats the whole point of this cluster). Others may chime in on points I missed.

Here is the list of people attended (I may have some of the last names wrong)

Ed Armstrong from JPL
Upendra Dadi from NOAA NODC
Walt Baskin and Lindsey Parker from ASDC Langley
Yaxing Wei from Oak Ridge
Ken Roberts from NOAA NCDC
Joe Lee from HDF Group
Mary Jo Brodzik and Mark Savoy from NSIDC