[ESIP-CF] CF Cluster telecon today

Upendra Dadi upendra.dadi at noaa.gov
Tue Jan 31 15:58:38 EST 2012

Hi All,
   I added a link on the Wiki to a netCDF file created by NDBC which
uses groups.

On a related note, I want to ask this group if they have considered
using user defined structures in place of groups.  As you might be
knowing that netCDF-4 allows compound types which are based on C struct.
Compound types along with variable length arrays could often be a good
substitute for using groups. With regard to CF, incorporating groups, I
am guessing, is much more challenging than including compound types.
Anybody disagrees? I am looking for some examples where groups are much
better suited than using compound types and/or variable length arrays.
Please let me know if you have one. Thank you!

Upendra