[ESIP-CF] [ESIP-all] Documentation Cluster Meeting

Ted Habermann ted.habermann at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 3 12:16:57 EDT 2012

Hello all,

Hopefully you all know that we are having a telecon next week. It is
currently scheduled for Tuesday morning, although I hope to be able to move
it to Wednesday. The goal of this telecon is to set up an agenda for the
ESIP meeting the next week.

There are two goals for the ESIP meeting:
1. Decide on a strategy for moving new names into the CF-Standards Name
list and
2. Identify a set of documentation "objects" and compare current approaches
to describing them to 1) facilitate translations between dialects, 2)
identify "best of breed" approaches, and 3) develop a new set of
conventions that cover these objects.

I hope that Ed and Alexandar others can take the lead on item 1.

I am trying to develop some examples and materials on the ESIP wiki to
support #2. These pages are in the Documentation Cluster / Documentation
Connections category and there are currently two: one on Data Centers and
Distributors and one on Online Resources. Other candidates include People,
Citations, Extents, Identifiers, Identification Information, Lineage, Data
Quality results, ...

If anyone in the group would like to take a shot at one of these, or some
other, it would be great...

I am also trying to develop an xml representation of this information (see
attached) and an xsl for displaying it. Seems to me that this makes more
sense than yet another spreadsheet. The "design" is crude, but hopefully
effective. If others know of a better approach - please suggest it...

Sorry for the potential mixup on the scheduling (100% my fault) - stay
tuned for an update...
Ted

Hi All -

The Documentation Cluster is having their next telecon Tues, July 10 12
EDT.  Call details and agenda are below.
To join the online portion of the meeting:
https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed&service=1

   1. Click join next to the meeting name. (Note: If the meeting has not
   yet started, join will not be visible, and it will say 'Display Info'. Wait
   a minute and refresh screen)
   2. Enter your name and email address
   3. If you are asked for a password, enter the access code: 23138379 with
   no spaces or #.

You can start VoIP after you are in the web meeting or call-in toll-free
number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
Attendee access code: 23138379#
--
     Enterprise Data Systems Group Leader