[ESIP-CF] Documentation February Telecon - Next WEDNESDAY

Ted Habermann ted.habermann at noaa.gov
Sat Feb 16 10:24:57 EST 2013

Hello all,

Happy to let you know (especially that pesky Kelly) that I added some text to the standard names page (http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Standard_Names_For_Satellite_Observations) on instruments and sensors. I took advantage of some research that Phil Jones did (thanks Phil) about how various communities are treating this...

Of course these words are only a starting point... Have at it and try using the talk page if you have opinions to share!

Also, the NASA HDF Conventions working group page is at https://wiki.earthdata.nasa.gov/display/ESDSWG/HDF5+Conventions+Working+Group. I think (hope) you can read this page without a user id... Please let me know if that is wrong...

Ted

P.S. Also uploaded my slides from the winter meeting to the wiki... File:WikisRubricsAndViews.pptx

On Feb 14, 2013, at 10:58 AM, Kelly Monteleone <krbm at unm.edu> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> The next documentation cluster will meet is next week - Wednesday, February 20 at noon EST.
>
> Preliminary Agenda:
> NASA ESDSWG group HDF5/CF conventions
> Discuss old Action items
> TBA
>
> Information is also available:  On the commons http://commons.esipfed.org/node/1417
> On the wiki http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Category:Documentation_Cluster#Next_Teleconference
>
> To join the online portion of the meeting:
> https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed&service=1
> Click join next to the meeting name. (Note: If the meeting has not yet started, join will not be visible, and it will say 'Display Info'. Wait a minute and refresh screen)
> Enter your name and email address
> If you are asked for a password, enter the access code: 23138379 with no spaces or #.
> You can start VoIP after you are in the web meeting or call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
> Attendee access code: 23138379#
>

> Old Action Items
>
> A.      Ted will add a paragraph on the wiki about the sensor-instrument and channel-band issue (August 2012)
> B.     Ted up upload his ISO slides to the wiki & commons (Dec 2012)
> C.        Aleksandar will add the sensorML definitions for sensor, instrument, channel, and band (from August 2012)

   Enterprise Data Systems Group Leader
   NOAA, National Geophysical Data Center
   V: 303.497.6472   F: 303.497.6513
   "If you want to go quickly, go alone.