[Esip-discovery] OpenSearch Geo Draft 2

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Fri Jan 28 09:54:22 EST 2011

On Jan 28, 2011, at 7:55 AM, Cechini, Matthew F. (GSFC-423.0)[RAYTHEON COMPANY] wrote:

> All,
>    OpenSearch has released a second draft to the Geo extension, seen here: http://www.opensearch.org/Specifications/OpenSearch/Extensions/Geo/1.0/Draft_2 .  There are a number of enhancements that we are interested in for our ECHO-ESIP client and other places where we use the atom+frost return format.  I'm not sure what the process is for the cluster to discuss and adopt this new draft, but I would like to suggest we begin that process.

Matt,
   Your proposal actually overlaps partially with Hook's Discovery_Cast_Atom_Response_Format (http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_Cast_Atom_Response_Format), which has not yet closed.  I suggest that you modify Hook's response format document, and then author a similar document on the wiki to cover the query part of your proposal.  Then put a link to it in the Contrib section of the main page http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Discovery_Cluster.  I also recommend you include a Scope section, since the query part is germane (I think) only to OpenSearch, not to casting.
   Likewise, I am going to add a scope section to the Response format document.  This should be a standard section in all of our proposals.

--
Dr. Christopher Lynnes     NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2    phone: 301-614-5185