[Esip-documentation] FAIR Metadata Recommendation

Ted Habermann tedhabermann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 13:50:47 EDT 2019

All,

During last month’s meeting we agreed that some of the terminology we were using in check names was confusing. I am trying to improve that…

A set of recommendations for changes is at https://github.com/NCEAS/metadig-checks/wiki/Clarify-Nomenclature-and-Revise-Check-Names <https://github.com/NCEAS/metadig-checks/wiki/Clarify-Nomenclature-and-Revise-Check-Names>. The biggest change is introducing the term resource at the first level. In practice ths means replacing dataset with resource in alot of names. Also checked the entity.* names and moved them to resource when appropriate.

Also introduced a page with a list of names in the proposed hierarchy… This is at https://github.com/NCEAS/metadig-checks/wiki/FAIR-Check-Names <https://github.com/NCEAS/metadig-checks/wiki/FAIR-Check-Names>

These changes have not been implemented as of yet… working on that once we know it looks reasonable!

Comments / suggestions welcome of course…

Ted

--
Dr. Ted Habermann
Metadata Game Changer <http://tedhabermann.com/>