[Esip-drone] Update on Drone Data Standards, and meeting info

Jane Wyngaard jwyngaar at nd.edu
Sun Jan 8 14:16:16 EST 2017

Hi all,

2 quick things:

*ESIP sessions on UAS this week:*
-  2pm Thursday:  Unmanned Aerial Systems: Data Linking and Data Fusion
<http://sched.co/9BKF>
- 11am Friday: UAS in Agriculture <http://sched.co/9BKT>

*RDA interest group on drone data standards:*We've just submitted a draft
sUAS data Interest Group charter
<https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/small-unmanned-aircraft-systems%E2%80%99-data-ig/case-statement/small-unmanned-aircraft-systems%E2%80%99-data>
to the Research Data Alliance for review. We're hoping RDA's global
presence and thorough review process will enable the creation of practical,
cit-able, implementable data management best practices for science drones.

If you/anyone else you know is interested in this, RDA has given us a mailing
list. To keep in the loop on this specifically please sign up. This
involves first registering <https://www.rd-alliance.org/user/register> for
RDA membership (free) and then clicking on the “join group
<https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/small-unmanned-aircraft-systems%E2%80%99-data-ig/case-statement/small-unmanned-aircraft-systems%E2%80%99-data>”
button on the right hand side of the page.

   - RDA membership will also allow you to comment on the draft charter -
   please do!

   - We have also proposed a kick off session (abstract
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TV7hdZus2zZokZ4Xo5GuBps_C_X5GnyWOrEtafe6-ho/edit?usp=sharing>)
   for the 9th RDA plenary taking place 5-7 April 2017 in Barcelona
   <https://www.rd-alliance.org/plenaries/rda-ninth-plenary-meeting-barcelona>
   .

Regards,

Jane