[Esip-drone] [dronedata] ESIP Drone Data Hackathon Updates and Telecon

jwyngaard jwyngaar at nd.edu
Wed Jun 5 01:16:34 EDT 2019

Hi all

We're 5 weeks out from ESIP Summer meeting (program
<https://2019esipsummermeeting.sched.com/>) so this is:

   1. * Reminder: last call for funding support* for ESIP Summer Meeting
   drone data design hackathon/workshop.  The* application f
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLsOjksanfSHAoUzZFRHltXHXV_7RDVHrYFeqr7W0zWl9BwQ/viewform>**orm
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLsOjksanfSHAoUzZFRHltXHXV_7RDVHrYFeqr7W0zWl9BwQ/viewform>
   needs to fully filled out by this Sunday night 10 June* as registrations
   need to be done on Monday (end of ESIP early bird).

   Agenda bashing for the Drone Data Workshop (on the Tuesday 16 July) is
   happening here
   <https://github.com/crcresearch/LANDRS/blob/master/DesignDocs/DesignHack1/Agenda.md>,
   see repo README <https://github.com/crcresearch/LANDRS> for initial
   design work

   Many thanks to those of you that have already responded.  Someone will
   be in touch with you this or next week to organise flights etc.

   2. *Drone Data API Plans:*  We've been putting some work in on a beta
   base design (pending your comments), join us for the* Drone Cluster
   monthly telco this Thursday 4pm/1pm/10pm EST/PST/CEST* to see a initial
   design presentation.  Sorry about the poor timing for non-USA.
   Announcements about 2 pre-summer meeting calls (20 June, 11 July) coming
   and will be at more friendly times!

Lastly, for those interested, that community paper we worked on (many
thanks all) was submitted and is awaiting review here: Emergent Challenges
for Science Suas Data Management: Fairness through Community Engagement and
Best Practices Development
<https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/201905.0274/v1>

Regards,
Jane
Jane Wyngaard, PhD

Embedded Systems Engineer & Data Technologist
Center for Research Computing
University of Notre Dame