[Esip-drone] American Geophysical Union Session: NH023 - The Air, Land, and Sea Unmanned Platforms of Tomorrow: Automated Systems and Data Analysis

Peter Webley pwwebley at alaska.edu
Wed Jul 15 17:47:09 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

AGU this year is mostly virtual. I'd like to draw your attention to the
following session at AGU, San Francisco, California, December 7 - 11, 2020
and invite you to submit an abstract.

*NH023 **- The Air, Land, and Sea Unmanned Platforms of Tomorrow: Automated
Systems and Data Analysis*

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/prelim.cgi/Session/103431

Automated systems, be they for airborne sampling, ground-based mapping, or
oceanic surveys, are becoming more common in the science community and more
affordable for the individual researcher, department, college, or
institute. With the system and sensor miniaturization along with
advancements in computer-aided sampling methodologies and data analysis,
these state-of-the-art tools can be integrated into intensive research
campaigns. Furthermore, undergraduate and graduate students are using these
systems and methodologies in their degree programs and research. In this
session, we invite contributions from those developing and applying
automated systems and techniques in airborne-based, land-based, or
oceanic-based research. This session brings together researchers from
across the geosciences to present on the newest systems, payloads,
analytical tools, and research campaigns and to discuss lessons learned on
safe and effective approaches in training the next generation of
researchers on these automated systems of today and tomorrow for their
application in future research projects.

*Primary Convener*:  Dr. Peter Webley, ACUASI, Geophysical Institute,
University of Alaska Fairbanks

*Abstract submission deadline: 29 July 2020, 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT*

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at
*pwwebley at alaska.edu
<pwwebley at alaska.edu>*

We look forward to seeing you there,

Peter Webley (primary convener), University of Alaska Fairbanks

Matthew Fladeland, NASA Ames Research Center

Misha Krassovski, Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Jane Wyngaard, University of Notre Dame

--

*Dr. Peter Webley*

*Check my Calendly <https://calendly.com/pwwebley>
*Research Associate Professor
Associate Director of Research - ACUASI
Office of Intellectual Property Faculty Ambassador
Deputy Director - C-SSCHRP

Geophysical Institute
2156 Koyukuk Drive, WRRB 106E, University of Alaska Fairbanks
Fairbanks
Alaska
USA. 99775
Tel no: +1 907 474 1542