[Esip-drupal] November & December Telecons

Adam Shepherd via Esip-drupal esip-drupal at lists.esipfed.org
Thu Nov 13 09:43:05 EST 2014

Hey folks,

We had a really good call last month with Gorton Studios about the Backup & Migrate module, which recently got some awesome new features. They also showed off their offsite backup tool via NodeSquirrel, which if any of you witnessed (or begrudgingly participated in :)) the Drupalgeddon security issue from Oct. 15th, then you know how important having reliable, secure backups are of your precious data. If you missed the call, you can watch it on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-LuCnZWgtw&list=PLMX9RG75MgALpwWkQTUehLPbK1miNOiny&index=14

Ok, so since we schedule our monthly telecons for the 4th Wednesday of the month, this year, the 4th Wed. of November falls on Thanksgiving Eve (and Dec falls on Christmas Eve). So, we've decided to cancel the telecons for Nov. 26th and Dec. 24.

Since we have the 1st Science on Drupal Code Sprint happening at the ESIP Winter Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, January 7th, we've decided to hold a Google+ Hangout on Nov. 19th at 3pm EST/noonPacific. Even if you don't plan to go to the ESIP Winter Meeting, you still might have Drupal issues and this is a great way to make the group aware of them - this is what makes teh Drupal community work! The Hangout details are here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/csm3jc6ie8dbbb2rggocf4dqep0 as part of the Science on Drupal Google Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105355344055119765640

These Google Hangouts are part experiment based on discussions at the ESIP Summer Meeting where we proposed having "office hours" or time where we could talk more informally about our Drupal projects to share our issues and successes.

We welcome any feedback you may have, and we hope to see you at the Hangout!

cheers, Adam

ESIP Drupal Working Group
Co-Chair: David Bassendine                      david at bluedotlab.org
Co-Chair: Adam Shepherd 	                       ashepherd at whoi.edu

The Working Group gathers for monthly Telecons on
the 4th Wednesday of every month at 2pm CT

Drupal.org Group: https://groups.drupal.org/science-on-drupal
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ScienceOnDrupal
YouTube: goo.gl/B0t57T
Google+: http://goo.gl/w4KBJY