[Esip-drupal] Question about State-based Permissions in Content Workflow

Charlie Roberts - NOAA Affiliate via Esip-drupal esip-drupal at lists.esipfed.org
Tue Dec 9 16:13:00 EST 2014

I'm using Workbench Moderation and had the same requirement, but also
needed to restrict the publishing of each content type to a different role.

To start, I used the (mostly) undocumented configuration setting to enable
per-content-type permissions for moderation state transitions.  See:
https://www.drupal.org/node/1206854#comment-5241230

Then, I created a custom module that only allows editing if the user has
permission to change the current moderation state.  For example, I can give
EditorA permissions to move ContentTypeA from draft to needs-review state.
But if they don't have permissions to move it from needs-review to
something else, then edit access is automatically removed.  This was
implemented via the node_access hook, similar to the patch you referenced.

--

--
Charlie Roberts
Asheville, NC 28801-5001charlie.roberts at noaa.gov