[Esip-drupal] Code Sprint Summer 2015 - Call for Ideas, Problems and Priorities

David Bassendine david at bluedotlab.org
Fri Jun 26 21:01:44 EDT 2015

Hi all,

We'll be holding our bi-annual code sprint at the Science on Drupal Summer
Lab in mid-July - look out for more details on the event itself in the next
few days.

In the meantime, we're crowd-sourcing suggestions for the most cutting-edge
new features or most pressing problems faced by those in the community
using Drupal for science - whether it's for organizing research, data
curation or public communication.

As either a user or developer of Drupal:

* Is there a science-specific task that's hard or impossible to accomplish
in Drupal?
* Is there an existing module that's useful, but in need of maintenance or
new features?
* Is there a specific issue on drupal.org that needs attention?

Please post your ideas and suggestions as a comment on our thread (
https://groups.drupal.org/node/472713) or our webform (
http://goo.gl/forms/bC7Fde9kRo) - by the end of next week, July 3rd. We'll
then allow a week for a round of voting, up to July 10th - before the code
sprint itself the following week.

You will also be able to vote on the existing stack of ideas and issues
from our last sprint (see our Trello board https://trello.com/b/QX23p1bp).
Still-active issues will be re-posted by their owners to the thread over
the next few days, where you can +1 them.

On the day we'll match sprinters with your top tasks, and forge forward to
improve Drupal for the science community.

Looking forward to seeing what comes up!

Thanks! David