[Esip-drupal] Webinar next Wednesday: Indexing Drupal documents with ElasticSearch

David Bassendine david at bluedotlab.org
Fri Sep 23 16:23:11 EDT 2016

Hi ESIP Drupalists,

We're regrouping for our next webinar on *indexing Drupal documents
in ElasticSearch* next *Wednesday, September 28th at 3-4pm ET*, presented
by David Bassendine of BlueDotLab.

ElasticSearch has emerged as a highly scalable RESTful data store with fast
fulltext search and data analytics baked in. Bridging Drupal metadata
documents to ElasticSearch is now feasible and opens up avenues for data
access at scale - coupling Drupal's flexible content models and UIs for
data management teams, with high-availability real-time RESTful search and
analytics fromElasticSearch.

We'll run through the basics of ElasticSearch, then demonstrate how we
approached indexing Drupal content into Elasticsearch - based on a case
study of the metadata archive at the Biological and Chemical Oceanography
Data Management Office (BCO-DMO) at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
This follows on from several other ElasticSearch sessions at July's Summer
Lab.

Look forward to seeing you there!

*Telecon Details*