[Esip-drupal] Anyone drupalists still there?

David Bassendine david at bluedotlab.org
Fri May 4 14:23:15 EDT 2018

Hi Dan, Ken and Renee,

The officially-maintained group has been dormant for around a year now.
Adam and I took that direction because interest in this specific
technology, and attendance at group meetings, appeared to be waning and
wasn't really sufficient to really justify the overhead of running the
group. At that time we felt a more use-case oriented direction for the
group would be more appropriate so we would be free to explore, compare and
contrast different technologies within that space. We did do some
brainstorming but no clear direction or sufficient interest really emerged
out of that. Personally, I do continue to work on projects that may include
Drupal along with a mix of other technologies.

If there is a still need for people using Drupal in the ESIP or wider
science community to communicate amongst themselves in a more sustainable
way, which doesn't require running a full group, such as via this list or
an ESIP Slack channel, I'd suggest keeping that channel open. But I'd also
like to hear the thoughts of Adam and ESIP Staff on whether that's
appropriate if there's no longer an official group running.

Happy to hear anyone's thoughts on this.

Best wishes, David