[Esip-envirosensing] Bear deterrence methods for sensor stations

Campbell, John - FS jlcampbell at fs.fed.us
Mon Mar 28 18:37:52 EDT 2016

You may want to try the Critter Gitter (http://www.amazon.com/Amtek-Critter-Gitter/dp/B0028PEQZU), which is a siren and light that is connected to a heat and motion sensor.  It costs about $60 and runs off a 9 volt battery.  I haven't used it myself, but I know that NH Fish and Game has recommended it in some circumstances.  I heard it also works well on people, so you have to take that into consideration.

[Forest Service Shield]

John L. Campbell, PhD
Research Ecologist

Forest Service