[Esip-envirosensing] Reminder -- ESIP Envirosensing Monthly Call Next Week (October 1st)

Connor Scully-Allison cscully-allison at nevada.unr.edu
Thu Sep 26 19:12:29 EDT 2019

 Dear EnviroSensors,

We hope you can join us on Tuesday for our October Cluster call! It will be
held on October 1st at 5pm Eastern/ 2pm Pacific.

The topic this month will be a report-out from Scotty Strachan on
developments in "Edge-to-Edge Science Workflows", a panel that he
co-organized at last week's 3NRP: Third National Research Platform workshop
in Minneapolis. As part of this panel, Scotty highlighted the aggregate
work being done inside of the EnviroSensing Cluster to standardize
practices and try new technologies for environmental sensor networks and
data flows. The audience was primarily national research network managers,
academic cyberinfrastructure (CI) providers, and NSF cyberinfrastructure
personnel. Scotty will report on this experience, and highlight additional
doors that are opening for our sensor networks community in regional and
national-scale research CI initiatives and funding opportunities.

We will also have time to chat about other ongoing Cluster initiatives.

Welcome and Introductions - 10min
Report-out: 3NRP Edge-to-Edge panel session (Scotty Strachan) - 15min
Q&A, community discussion - 15min
Open for updates on member activities/projects

*Telecon Info*:
To join, go to https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/895837693

You can also dial in using your phone: 646-749-3122; access code
895-837-693

Cheers,
Scotty, Renée, and Connor