[Esip-envirosensing] Reminder of Cluster session tomorrow + Feb telecon cancelled

Renee F. Brown rfbrown at unm.edu
Tue Jan 26 11:44:07 EST 2021

Hi all,

A quick reminder of our Cluster-sponsored session happening tomorrow at the Winter ESIP Meeting: https://sched.co/g49Z

We recently updated the session abstract, which I’ve also included below. We hope to see many of you there, as we anticipate the outcome of this session to set the course for our Cluster activities in the coming year.

There is a growing need among researchers, citizen scientists, and related communities for formal training in low-cost, open-source sensor technologies (e.g., Arduino, LoRa). Yet, the COVID-19 pandemic has severely limited opportunities for in-person, hands-on training. In this session, sponsored by the ESIP EnviroSensing Cluster, we will use insights and lessons learned over the past year to discuss and develop best practices for creating a web-based series of short instructional hands-on training videos covering key concepts in low-cost, open-source sensor technologies. The EnviroSensing community of practitioners promotes conversation around, and the development and refinement of techniques to observe natural Earth system processes over short and long timescales. We always welcome new perspectives and advances to the field, and we invite anyone interested in learning more about these technologies to join us (no experience necessary!).

Finally, given the ESIP Winter Meeting this week, we are cancelling the February telecon next week.

Best,
Renée and Scotty