[Esip-esda] [gsfc-cs-disc] Process for not providing availability to datasets

Nancy Ritchey - NOAA Federal via Esip-esda esip-esda at lists.esipfed.org
Thu Jul 31 08:57:31 EDT 2014

At NCDC we have a data retention schedule that was reviewed and approved by
NARA.  The schedule allows us to periodically review data to determine if
it should be retained or removed.  Criteria used to review includes current
and potential user communities, is a more recent version or product
available, has the data been transformed to a more user-friendly format,
etc. Raw data is retained indefinitely and products are reviewed at 20
years. To date we've only removed redundant data.

---
Nancy Ritchey
Archive Branch Chief
National Climatic Data Center
Asheville, NC 28801
828-271-4445
Follow NCDC on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/NOAANationalClimaticDataCenter> and Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/NOAANCDC> (@NOAANCDC)

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Shie, Chung-Lin (GSFC-612.0)[UNIVERSITY OF
MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] via Esip-esda <esip-esda at lists.esipfed.org>