[Esip-infoquality] Community consultation on data quality (EOSC)

Carlo Lacagnina carlo.lacagnina at bsc.es
Thu Mar 2 08:00:14 EST 2023

Dear colleagues,

Some time ago I shared a survey within ESIP (see thread). The results of
the survey formed the basis for a document collecting the basis for a
common understanding about data quality management across scientific
disciplines. _Towards a Data Quality Framework for EOSC_is published at
zenodo https://zenodo.org/record/7515816 by the European Open Science
Cloud (EOSC) Task Force "FAIR Metrics and Data Quality".

To empower the given recommendation by a broad scientific community and
find acceptance in technical implementation and measures within the
community, we are harvesting community feedback. We are addressing you
with a request to be a member of the planned review committee to collect
and discuss the change proposal and review individual contributions with
us. The review should scope general aspects, such as for each chapter,
detailed technical reviews with change proposals for missing or false
interpretation and any suggestions and factors we should have
considered, like scientific domains existing standards which are not
covered. We will start with an introduction online session and a
conclusion session. Our authors will view questions, comments etc., in
the meanwhile.

The EOSC Data Quality Open Consultation should be completed within six
to eight weeks and valid until the 30 of April, 2023. In case of your
acceptance, being part of the EOSC Data Quality Review Committee, you
will get access to the document where you can create comments, force
discussion, make change proposals etc. We regret that no financial
compensation can support your contributions, but we can acknowledge your
contribution.

On behalf of the Task Force FAIR Metrics and Data Quality, I would be
pleased if you would support us. You can confirm your commitment
directly to me and I will share the access and further information.

Kind regards,

Carlo