[Esip-infoquality] ESIP January Meeting Session: Embracing Data Quality for AI-Ready Open Data (01/26 11am EST)

Yuhan Douglas Rao douglas_rao at ncsu.edu
Tue Jan 23 17:19:08 EST 2024

Dear colleagues,

As the ESIP January virtual meeting is underway this week, we would like to
invite you to participate in the session jointly hosted by Data Readiness
Cluster and Information Quality Cluster – "Embracing Data Quality for
AI-Ready Open Data
<https://2024januaryesipmeeting.sched.com/event/ca13758e20acaa0605d0b0ec42785b4a>"
on *January 26, 2024 at 11:00 AM EST/UTC-5.*

The session is driven by the growing recognition of the importance of data
quality for machine learning development workflows and its implications on
the trust of ML outputs. Therefore, this session aims to initiate the
discussion on what aspects of data quality are important for ML workflow
and how we can represent data quality information to facilitate the
responsible development of ML applications with AI-ready open data.

Three invited speakers to provide different perspectives to inspire
following breakout discussions include:

   - Manil Maskey (NASA/MSFC): Role of Data for Foundation Model
   - Patrick Beukema (Allen Institute for AI): Data Quality & Skylight
   - Jeanette Clark (NCEAS): Data Quality Engine at Arctic Data Center

We look forward to seeing you during the discussion this Friday. If you
cannot join the session but have questions, please feel free to send it to
me or Zhong so we can convey the questions during the session.

Douglas Rao (Data Readiness Cluster)
Zhong Liu (Information Quality Cluster)

--
[image: NCICS] <http://ncics.org/> Yuhan (Douglas) Rao
*Research Scientist*
e: yrao5 at ncsu.edu
o: +1 828 271 4903
Schedule a meeting with me <https://calendly.com/douglas_rao>*I choose
to work on a flexible schedule and across a number of time zones. My
apologies for sending emails outside of your working hours.*