[Esip-preserve] Some Thoughts on OPM

Bruce Barkstrom brbarkstrom at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 11:51:21 EST 2010

No objection - only note was that we were going to have
to extend the ontology, which is what I meant by bringing
things in from "outside" OPM.

Eventually, we're going to have to do some thinking about
the scaling that goes with this approach.  As far as I can
tell, the scaling for traversing the graph is still linear with
the number of nodes.  If all the granules in ESDIS get
included, we're going to have several hundred million items,
including files and jobs - not to mention the possibility of
subsets (fragments) of files.

There is also the small matter of dealing with aliases and
other kinds of semantic heterogeneity.

Oh well, just makes life interesting.

Bruce B.