[Esip-preserve] Invitation to Participate in the “Enabling FAIR Data” Survey

Matthew Mayernik mayernik at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 8 23:10:05 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

Some of you may have already received this survey invitation, but I am
sharing it on behalf of Shelley Stall, the Director of Data Programs at the
American Geophysical Union.

Also, we will have Shelley talk about this project during our next
committee call (11/20, agenda coming soon).

Best,
Matt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are invited to participate in a survey about the increasingly open use
of data in science.  The information aggregated from the survey will
directly support the “Enabling FAIR Data” project managed by a partnership
that currently includes the American Geophysical Union, the Coalition on
Publishing Data in the Earth and Space Sciences (COPDESS), the Earth
Science Information Partners (ESIP) and Research Data Alliance (RDA), and
has support from the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
(PNAS), *Nature*, *Science*, AuScope, National Computational Infrastructure
of Australia, the Australian National Data Service, and the Center for Open
Science. The project is funded by a grant from the Laura and John Arnold
Foundation.

Your participation in the survey is voluntary and your responses will not
be individually identified.  We estimate that it will take 10-15 minutes to
complete the survey.  You can participate in the survey at the following
link (if possible, please provide your response before Tuesday, November
14th, but the survey will continue to accept responses after this date):

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3963928/FAIR-Data-Survey-2017-consent

A summary of the findings will be shared back with you in a format designed
to assist your location and others to achieve the full potential.

The survey is being conducted by Professor Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld of
Brandeis University, who is an expert in organizational effectiveness and
stakeholder alignment.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.  Your time is valuable
and we appreciate your input.