[Esip-preserve] Reporting standard for total archive volume

Nancy Ritchey - NOAA Federal nancy.ritchey at noaa.gov
Thu May 23 13:52:00 EDT 2019

Group,
I'm reaching out to you because we've been asked to identify archive volume
reporting standards. I don't know of any so I thought I'd ask the brain
trust. Specifically:
Is(Are) there a standard(s) for reporting archive volumes? If yes, please
provide.
Do you report both your primary and secure/back-up or secondary volume?
Do you report the actual volume archived or some other variant such as you
compress data on your storage device, but report the uncompressed volume?
Thanks for any insight you can share.
Nancy

---
Nancy Ritchey
Archive Branch Chief
ORCID: 0000-0003-3939-6287
NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)
Asheville, NC 28801
828-271-4445
*Connect with us on Facebook for **climate*
<http://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIclimate>* and **ocean and geophysics*
<http://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIoceangeo>* information, and follow us on
Twitter at **@NOAANCEIclimate * <http://www.twitter.com/NOAANCEIclimate>
*and **@*NOAANCEIocngeo <http://www.twitter.com/NOAANCEIocngeo>.