[Esip-preserve] FAIR Facilities and Instruments - Workshop #1 Report published

Matthew Mayernik mayernik at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 11 17:51:11 EDT 2024

Hi ESIPers,

I wanted to let you all know that we published a new report on the topic of
assigning persistent identifiers to research instrumentation. This report
comes from a workshop we held last fall as part of our NSF-funded project
on this topic <https://ncar.github.io/FAIR-Facilities-Instruments/>. We had
also held a related session at the ESIP Summer meeting last year in Vermont.

Report - https://doi.org/10.5065/ZGSX-2D06

Our project team is starting to work on some of the "Next Steps" identified
in this report, but we would be happy to hear from you if you are
interested in being involved. We are also planning to dig into these topics
in more detail at our next workshop, to be held Aug. 20-22 in Tallahassee,
FL.

Please let us know if you have any questions or would like more detail
about anything in the report.

Best regards,

Matt

Matthew Mayernik

Project Scientist & Deputy Library Director

NSF National Center for Atmospheric Research

Boulder, CO

mayernik at ucar.edu