INC NEWS - Community Participation in Central Campus Planning

kjj1 at duke.edu kjj1 at duke.edu
Fri Feb 18 14:25:45 EST 2005

Just a brief addendum to my e-mail on participation in Central Campus
planning:

I think any community representatives should be selected by the partnership
neighborhoods and not by Duke officials. If the goal is to enhance
communication and to build trust, the partnership neighborhoods should
identify community members they trust to represent their interests in the
planning process. As they have in the past, the partnership neighborhoods
could meet to discuss this issue and select representatives.

Kelly Jarrett
OWD