INC NEWS - Neighborhood Challenge

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Tue Mar 15 00:30:01 EST 2005

Please pass this along to your neighborhood list servers.

The Forest Hills Neighborhood Association tonight adopted the same
resolution supporting the Erwin Area Neighborhood Group in their quest for
a park of their own (ours as well, but it's in their back door) as INC
did. Our Neighborhood Challenge of $500 to the other neighborhoods in
Durham has been take up so far by Duke Park and Northgate Park. Your
neighborhood not mentioned?  Tell your neighborhood to step up! It's all
about parks. If your neighborhood has stepped up and I don't know about
it, tell me so I can include them in the list of supporters telling the
four governments involved that we all care and want this to happen. Never
heard about this? www.erwinneighbor.org will help you out. For us over
here, it's all about cleaner water. Something we all should be concerned
about.

If your looking for something to do this Friday and enjoy dancing and good
music, the EANG "Music for the Park" event below may be right up your
alley. And it's tax deductable!

MUSIC FOR THE PARK

Friday, March 18 7:30-10:30, Solterra Common House (directions)

Come enjoy an evening of good music and dancing, and help make New Hope
Creek Park at Hollow Rock a reality!

We will kick it off with an acoustic show featuring singer-songwriter
Janet Stolp, winner of the NC Songwriters Association Contest and formerly
with the Green River Band. Then we'll heat up the dance floor with Trick
Bag playing blues and classic R&B band favorites from BB King, Delbert
McClinton, Wilson Pickett, Freddie King, Boz Scaggs, Jimi Hendrix, Taj
Mahal and many others.Trick Bag includes: Jimmy Weaver (keys, vocals),
Dave Braswell (drums, vocals), Billy Belk (bass, vocals) and Mike Bisdee
(guitar, vocals). (www.trickbag.net).

Other "surprise" musical guests may be announced later!

BYOB and bring snacks to share if you want.

SPACE IS LIMITED!! Contact Sandy Bisdee at 919-419-1704 to add your name
to the guest list.

Suggested minimum donation or pledge: $20

Your pledge or donation is fully tax-deductible and may be spread over two
years. We have pledges of $86,000 now. We need to reach $150,000 by April
1st to meet the challenge of the Triangle Land Conservancy.

It's now or never for this land, folks.

Randy Pickle
Forest Hills