INC NEWS - <<< NOTE FROM ADMIN >>>

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Fri Jul 8 13:17:22 EDT 2005

>From time to time I will reject a post. I do not filter posts, but
regularly posts are sent to the list server that cause me to have to go
and physically read them prior to posting. The most common problem is a
post from a non-member. These are typically spam attacks of our server and
I discard these and ban the sender from ever joining the list. Sometimes,
I recognize the sender as being a neighbor, but their post has other
problems that have caused me to have to go and deal with it. Often I
reject the post and send an auto generated email to the poster telling
them of the problem and how to fix it. This is not ment to do anything but
educate those who have a post rejected. If they just fix the problem with
the original post and resubmit it, it'll go through without me having to
do anything with it. But when I have to do something, I try to educate
those who have their post rejected so as to help them the next time (and
help me as well as I will  not have to go and see what the problem with
the post is). I mean no harm in rejecting your post. But if you learn from
having it rejected, then it's better for both of us.

Thanks,
list administrator