INC NEWS - Luncheon to Honor Mary Biddle Duke Trent Semans (March 1 at American Tobacco Campus)

Rosemarie Kitchin rosemarie at durham-cvb.com
Thu Jan 26 16:20:41 EST 2006

Durham hosted 5.2 million visitors in 2004. More than three out of four
people visited for leisure or personal reasons: the other 23% came to
Durham on business. Durham's visitors spent more than half a billion
dollars, generating $71.5 million in state and local tax revenue.

In the 16 years that Durham has marketed itself as a travel and tourism
destination to fuel the city's and county's economic growth, not only
has visitation more than doubled, but jobs in Durham's hospitality
sector have increased from approximately 6,000 to more than 11,000.

Durham's Convention & Visitors Bureau will hold its Annual Tribute
Luncheon on Wednesday, March 1, in Bay 7 of the American Tobacco Campus.
The event will honor Mary Duke Biddle Trent Semans and her tireless
contributions to Durham and its "unique sense of place." Giorgios
Hospitality Group will cater the luncheon which begins at 11:30 a.m. and
concludes at 1 p.m.

Tickets are available at $42 (or table for eight at $325, table for ten
at $400) online at www.dcvbluncheon.com <http://www.dcvbluncheon.com/>
or by calling 919/680-8328.

DCVB is the official tourism development authority for Durham city and
county.

(I promised to post information about our Annual Tribute Luncheon on the
listserve at this week's meeting).

Rosemarie Kitchin

rosemarie at durham-cvb.com <mailto:rosemarie at durham-cvb.com>

Director, Media Relations and Outreach