INC NEWS - Interesting what news gets covered

kjj1@duke.edu kjj1 at duke.edu
Fri Jan 27 13:03:59 EST 2006

First, these accidents are all tragic and do speak to the need for
pedestrian/bicycle friendly transportation policies. And my thoughts are
with the families of those whose lives have been lost.

At the same time, while these incidents were covered in the press yesterday
& Wednesday, there was also coverage of three rapes in downtown Chapel
Hill--one story on one day in one paper. Not to be too conspiratorial, but
where's the uproar about a cluster of sexual assaults. And can you imagine
what the press coverage would have been if there had been three sexual
assaults in downtown Durham?

Just observations.

Kelly J.

--On Friday, January 27, 2006 12:40 PM -0500 Ken Gasch