INC NEWS - For your animals: rabies/microchip clinic

simon woodrup mc900ft at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 16:07:33 EST 2006

I would like to inform everyone about the Animal Protection Society 2006
Spring Rabies Clinic at the Durham County Animal Shelter on Saturday April 8
th.  One of the things we will be offering is microchipping for only $25
dollars (much less than the market price).  If you are not familiar with a
microchip, it is about the size of a grain of rice and is embedded under the
animals skin.  If an animal is brought in the shelter or many vet's offices
as a stray we can detect the microchip which electronically stores
information allowing us to locate the owner.   You never know when a cat or
dog may unfortunately get lost or escape (please keep your dogs on leashes
and cats should be indoors!) and by having your pet microchipped you have
extra security in knowing your chances of being reunited are greater.

We will also be offering rabies shots for just $8 (if you want a 3 year
vaccination you must bring proof of previous non-expired vaccination).

You can come between the hours of 2:30 and 4:00 pm and we ask that dogs are
brought in on a leash and cats in a carrier.   Please call 560-0640 for more
information.
Thanks!
 Simon Woodrup
APS Volunteer Coordinator