INC NEWS - [DukeDurhamTownGown] City response to Larry Moneta e-mail? (fwd)

Ellen Dagenhart dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 7 09:42:14 EDT 2006

Thanks, Kelly, for addressing this. I read one news story last
evening that stated that last week was "Gang Initiation Week" in
Durham, as casually as if it were "Secretary Appreciation Week" or
"Keep America Beautiful Week".  Wonder how that stupidity got propagated. X;{

At 08:19 AM 4/7/2006, kjj1 at duke.edu wrote:
>I'm glad the city council is discussing the timeline of the recent
>gang-rape investigation and the unfolding events and ongoing media coverage
>of them. I, too, am concerned about some of the negative ways Durham is
>being portrayed. And while it seems that most of the discussion at council
>yesterday centered on media portrayal, I am more concerned about how Duke
>has portrayed Durham, most especially in the e-mail Larry Moneta sent out
>to ALL Duke undergraduate, graduate, and professional students last
>weekend.
>
>I'm posting a letter I wrote earlier this week to city council, the city
>manager, and to chief Chalmers. I spoke with Major Russ in the chief's
>office about these concerns earlier this week, and I want to thank him for
>returning my telephone calls and talking with me about these concerns
>during what I'm sure is a very busy and stressful time in the department
>and in the chief's office.
>
>I hope the council and city manager will push to answer the questions and
>address the concerns I've raised.
>
>Kelly Jarrett

Ellen M. Dagenhart, ABR, e-Pro, GRI
MailTo:dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Marie Austin Realty, Durham, NC
http://www.marieaustin.com
Office  919-286-5611  FAX  919-286-2252  Cell 919-475-1719