INC NEWS - Statement from Duke re. reported results from DNA tests

Susan Kauffman susan.kauffman at duke.edu
Mon Apr 10 19:14:14 EDT 2006

As both President Brodhead and I have said repeatedly over the past few
weeks, we have to have confidence that the police investigation will
ultimately reveal the truth. While the allegations in this case are
extremely serious, it is important to remember that no one has been charged
and that in our system of law people are presumed innocent until proven
guilty.

John Burness
Senior Vice President for Public Affairs and Government Relations
Duke University