INC NEWS - Anti-Blight Campaign question

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Sat Apr 15 22:07:55 EDT 2006

I know there are ordinances that already exist for the things mentioned in
the PAC2 blight campaign, but someone ask me a question the other day
about an issue that I believe Raleigh and Chapel Hill already enforce.

The question related to couches and lazy boy recliners (typical indoor
living room furniture) on front porches of homes. They considered this
problem blight as well. Any thoughts on ordinances for this behavior?

Maybe since we've gone after the illegally posted signs, the cars parked
in yards, the trash carts left at the curbs (coming if you guys will lobby
Council on the Solid Waste budget to get an enforcement person), and so
on, maybe we need a "get the living room furniture off the front porch and
back inside the house" ordinance. Or is there one already there but not
being enforced? I didn't have an answer.

RWP
27 Beverly