INC NEWS - [pac2] RE: agenda and proposed resolutions for April 25 meeting

Newman Aguiar newman at nc.rr.com
Fri Apr 21 09:05:07 EDT 2006

Richard,

Please take a look at the "Jurisdiction" section of the proposed change.

"Sec. 22-62 Jurisdiction
This article shall be effective for all of Durham County not
within a city, and effective in such city or cities, which have by
resolution permitted this article to be effective within each city or
cities"

My view is that the beautification argument has been the poorest of the lot.
What's more is that the current proposal would not even be applicable for
the areas you use as an example.  Note that the current proposal does not
include the city.  So, it would do NOTHING to further your cause.  Also note
that the city has previously had the wisdom to reject such a proposal in the
past.

Newman