INC NEWS - Reporting Graffiti

Reed, Scott Scott.Reed at durhamnc.gov
Thu Jun 1 10:31:35 EDT 2006

A recent posting in PAC 2 indicated when reporting graffiti to call the
Impact Team directly.  I replied to the posting but would like this
opportunity to provide instructions to the INC.

Contacting Durham One Call (560-1200) is the preferred method for two
main reasons.  We issue service requests as a tracking/historical
document about the graffiti.  The other reason is each service request
is geo-coded by incident location; therefore, the City's mapping system
is able to pinpoint the various locations to learn if there are common
factors to help with resolution.

If Durham One Call is utilized for graffiti reporting, the Impact Team
and Gang Unit receive almost immediate notification so the investigation
can be opened.

If you have any questions, please feel to contact me directly.

Respectfully,

Scott

Scott B. Reed,AGCCE-Treasurer

City of Durham, City Manager's Office