INC NEWS - Picking up leaves!

bragin at nc.rr.com bragin at nc.rr.com
Thu Dec 7 08:53:37 EST 2006

The rumor in our neighborhood is that a leaf vacuum truck, not an
ordinary curb sweeper, was seen cleaning the streets. Give some of the
piles of leaves that had accumulated, i believe it. Even after 6 or so
years of the current yard waste program, many of our residents have no
idea that leaves are supposed to be bagged in paper, and even then, you
need to be a subscriber to the yard waste program to have them picked up.

Or maybe they do know this, and that's why they get raked or blown into
the street anyway.

Regardless, if the city has decided that keeping the streets clean of
leaves is something that needs to be done, i heartily approve.

Next step? Either picking up all of the leaves that are curbside in
black plastic bags, or requiring the residents to dispose of them
themselves. Otherwise, they'll be out there through the winter and spring.

Barry Ragin