INC NEWS - A special dog for a special home for 2007.......

Emily Weinstein weinsteinart at verizon.net
Fri Dec 29 19:01:11 EST 2006

Hello all - every day I hear about animals needing homes and I
forward them onto my animal specific friends.
This dog exemplifies someone that deserves a new home for 2007 and
beyond. Please help us find her forever
home now. Thank you, Em

Henry lived her life on the end of a chain.Her chance for a better
life has finally come.

Can you help her?

For up to ten years, this was Henry’s entire existence:

When my daughter and I came upon Henry, she was starving, barely
surviving on food scraps and moldy water set out by her “owner,”
an elderly woman with dementia. (The woman, who claimed to have had
Henry since she was a puppy, mistakenly thought she was a boy!)  For
three months, we trekked daily up the hill to feed both Henry and
her “owner.”  Henry put on weight and was happy and playful during
our visits. But she was still on a chain.

Last week, Henry’s “owner” was sent to a nursing home and we
were finally able to unchain her.  She was thrilled to take a walk
and leave behind that barren spot where she had been languishing for
years.

Now Henry is being boarded at my local vets, but she needs a forever
home.  She is very friendly toward people, thrilled to take walks and
explore new things, but she is unsocialized with other animals, so
will need either a home where she is the only companion animal, or an
experienced dog person who can teach her how to be with other dogs.

After years of boredom, confinement and near-starvation on the end of
a chain, Henry deserves a life.  Can you help her?  If so, call me at
919-732-8978 or cell 919-697-9389 or email me at
Suzanne.e.roy at eartlink.net.