INC NEWS - Fw: Points of Order

Mike - Hotmail mwshiflett at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 21 13:10:57 EDT 2007

Neighborhood leaders who want to learn more about how to conduct more productive and organized meetings might be interested in attending this program (see below).

It provides a basic understanding of the role(s) a President, Chair or Facilitator takes while being in charge of a meeting and if/when it would be appropriate to use Roberts Rules of Order to get things done.

No one likes long meetings.  Applying consistent and fair leadership is one of the most efficient ways to keep people engaged and productive.

David Harris and I attended this last year together and I believe we'd agree on it's usefulness in running just about any meeting (public, neighborhood, community or non-profit).

mike shiflett