INC NEWS - Meeting to Help Parents

pinnaclecdc at aol.com pinnaclecdc at aol.com
Sat Sep 8 07:11:34 EDT 2007

Hello All,

I am available and would like to meet with parents about how to protect
their children against substance abuse, to help them understand "how we got  to
this point" and to provide simple free strategies to help STOP substance  abuse
in their community. I do not charge:)  Give me a couple of  dates and times
within the next two weeks or so and I will host a meeting with  refreshments. I
cannot do the 12,17,18,19, 25, 27. I will make myself  available on a Saturday
or Sunday evening as well. I can make a  presentation and give strategies in
40 minutes with 20 minutes for greetings and  Q&A.

I have been gathering statistics and knocking on doors in Durham  for quite a
while. Chapel Hill-Carrboro and Chatham County schools  complete Youth Risk
Behavior Surveys every 2 years. Their 2005 reports  revealed that 46.7% of HS
students drink alcohol regularly as did 25.3% of  MS students. Durham County
just completed their YRBS and the stats  previously mentioned are probably
accurate. Though the numbers are hard to  swallow...It is good to know where we are.

I will continue to provide information to PACs and INC to better equip  and
inform...soon we will have success stories share.

Regards,
Wanda