INC NEWS - homeowner satisfaction survey results from planned community study

American LAbor americanlabor at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 18 19:55:12 EST 2008

All,

The Triangle is made up of many historic neighborhoods, long standing communities and a mixture of newer planned communities that give this area so many choices for new residents who want to live here.

Some of us prefer the older more traditional neighborhood with its individual charm and character while others like the newer construction and reliance that it brings by having lower maintenance costs and a reassurance that homeowners in their communities have to obide by certain additional rules and regulations that ensure its longevity and prosperity.

It's not that one is right and the other wrong but a choice we all make when we purchase a home that will influence how we live and the lifestyle it supports in whichever community we've chosen.

While I'd like to think that Durham is unique,  it's often helpful to see how others see this decision played out in other cities and towns across the US.

Several years ago I joined CAI as part of an outreach by the INC to be more inclusive and knowledgeable about housing and neighborhood options.

It's been very educational!

Here's a news release that if you live in a planned community or are thinking about moving to one that might interest you.

As always,  your thoughts and feelings about what you read on the INC listserve are open, free and encouraged!

What do you think?

The findings are largely positive and track fairly consistently with a similar national survey conducted by Zogby in August 2005 and validates this research instrument as an effective and credible tool for measuring the perceptions of community association residents.