INC NEWS - Delegate Meeting, Tuesday at 7 PM

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Mon Jan 21 14:22:11 EST 2008

Is it a new policey that out-of-town speakers come to talk in oposition to
something without having the other side there to resond as well? It has
always been INC's policey to act as a forum, not as a soapbox and it just
seems like this would be a one-sided opinion (since he apparently is with
those oposed to the facility). Will there be any one there to talk
supporting the Bio Facility? It was item #2 (pasted below) on the agenda.

2. David Krabbe, form Granville Residents Mobilize to Oppose National Bio
Agro Defense Facility, will be speaking in opposition to the proposed Bio
Lab.

RWP
27 Beverly

> INC Delegates,
>

> Our next meeting is tomorrow (Tuesday) at 7 PM.
>

> 1. Denise Lee, from Partnership Effort for the Advancement of Children's
> Health (PEACH), will be speaking about how to prevent our children from
> being poisoned by household lead hazards.
>

> 2. David Krabbe, form Granville Residents Mobilize to Oppose National Bio
> Agro Defense Facility, will be speaking in opposition to the proposed Bio
> Lab.
>

> 3. Jenny Shafer will be giving us a short presentation on the 2008 Durham
> CROP Hunger Walk and telling us how our neighborhoods can participate.
>

> 4. Jay Reinstein , our city’s Strategic Initiatives Manage, will be giving
> short presentation on ComNET, which is an initiative aimed at reducing the
> “presence of abandoned vehicles, littered vacant lots [and] streets,
> potholes, graffiti and a host of other conditions.”
>

> We have a lot on our plate for this meeting so we may want to keep the Q&A
> sessions very light.
>

> I am thrilled and honored to be the president of INC for 2008.  I
> appreciate
> your patience as Dave and Mike S. continue to teach me proper
> parliamentary
> procedure for chairing meetings.  I am looking forward to great year.  See
> you tomorrow night.
>

> Ken Gasch

This e-mail, and any attachments to it, contains PRIVILEGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) or
entity named on the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination or copying of this e-mail in error is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic  transmission in error, please notify
me by telephone (919-489-0576) or by electronic mail (pickle at patriot.net)
immediately.