INC NEWS - Pickle Barrel Rain Barrels $$ CHEAP $$

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Mon Feb 18 00:54:42 EST 2008

Rain barrels are a great way to capture free water. Maybe sooner or later
there will be incentives to do this. Maybe our stormwater run-off tax will
go down... And if you have a swimming pool, rain barrels are a great way
to fill it up. Just run your hoses from the barrels to the pool. With
current water restrictions, you're not going to be able to use the City
water for filling.

I ran across these two postings on other lists this weekend. It's the best
deal on rain barrels I have seen. And in the second posting, it is through
the City of Raleigh. The web address didn't say you had to live there. It
would be nice if Durham would start this program. (NOTE TO DURHAM: CONTACT
RALEIGH AND GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!)

RWP
27 Beverly

Rain barrels: $30 dollars for pick up in Sanford. They have both a
standard hose bib spigot, an overflow connector, and screened top. They
are the same black “pickle” barrels found around NC.
The barrels are also available through the City of Raleigh at their solid
waste office at 400 Peace Street, (at Capitol Blvd.) for $35 plus tax

The City of Raleigh does not receive any mark up for this service. The
price reflects shipping cost to Raleigh. We will continue to offer these
rain barrels for as long as our inventory holds out.
chuck_rice at alltel.net

City of Raleigh has the pickle barrel rain barrels ( 50- 60
gals)completely set up with spigots, etc for $37.36. They sometimes run
out, but usually have a couple of shipments per week. All info on web
site,
http://www.raleighnc.gov/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_306_202_0_43/http%3B/pt03/DIG_Web_Content/category/Resident/Garbage_and_Recycling/Cat-2CA-20071015-151721-Rain_Barrels_For_Sale.html
They also have plain barrels for $16 and plumbing kits for $16