INC NEWS - [pac2] Equal time for those of us opposed to the BIO-LAB in Butner?

American LAbor americanlabor at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 26 15:53:49 EST 2008

As noted earlier,  INC frequently (and as a custom) offers opportunities for many sides of an issue to come and talk in an open informal setting.

It's generally hoped that these sessions are informational and thought provoking for those who want to learn more about their community and surroundings.

But the focus of INC has always been to be a forum for these discussions,  not a jury to deliberate a decision or final verdict.

In the past,  INC has historically taken positions on processes and procedures but rarely on individual issues that pit one neighborhood (or neighbor) against another, much less one municipality against another.

It'd be my hope that this tradition continue.

Whether or not you agree or disagree with this particular issue,  INC is providing a venue for Durham residents to learn more about it and make up their own minds about what they feel is the right (or wrong) thing to do.

This is my own opinion but it's based on the experience and years of involvement with INC.

Mike Shiflett