INC NEWS - proposal for Neighborhood Advocate highlighted in local blog...

Alice Bumgarner alice.b at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 12 12:36:20 EDT 2008

I've always really loved the structure of Portland, Oregon's Office of
Neighborhood Involvement, which does have a director and perhaps other
staff. Check it out here: http://www.portlandonline.com/oni/index.cfm?c=25967

Not only does this office (and website) provide a structure for
advocacy and new initiatives, but it makes getting involved at the
neighborhood level so much easier. It's an amazing hub of information.

Some of these pieces exist in Durham already (for example, graffiti
abatement, Neighborhood College, etc.), but to have such a complete
"toolbox" all in one spot would go a long way toward community building.

Alice
Trinity Park