INC NEWS - American Tobacco Trail- I-40 Bike/Ped Bridge- Second Public Meeting !!!

Scott Carter carterjs at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 22 17:19:14 EDT 2008

Hi,

  As a member of the Durham Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission and
  INC, I was asked to forward the following announcement to the INC
  listserv.

  Scott Carter

  Subject: American Tobacco Trail- I-40 Bike/Ped Bridge- Second Public
  Meeting !!!

  Hello Friends of the American Tobacco Trail,

  Mark your calendars! The second Community Meeting about the planned
  pedestrian and bicycle bridge crossing of I-40 for the American Tobacco
  Trail (ATT) will be at 7PM on Tuesday, April 29, 2008. This time the
  meeting will be held in the larger city council chambers on the first
  floor of Durham City Hall (101 City Hall Plaza) in downtown Durham.

  This meeting, which will be hosted by the City of Durham Department of
  Public Works (and facilitated by Steven Grover and Associates) will focus
  on a selection of bridge concepts and designs for this long anticipated
  bicycle and pedestrian bridge.

  This is your opportunity to get information -and more importantly - offer
  feedback, suggestions, thoughts, concerns, ideas, needs, goals, desires
  and other input to help make this bridge and connecting trail, the
  absolute best it can be.

  We hope we'll have another standing room only crowd at this meeting as it
  sends a clear signal to elected officials, NCDOT, the media and the
  public at large that there is significant demand for this project and for
  it to be completed as soon as possible.

  Please share this information with everyone you know who is interested in
  the ATT and in improved pedestrian and bicycle access in the region.

  Should you have any questions or input regarding this meeting, please
  contact Byron Brady, PD CPESC, Contract Engineer, City of Durham at 919
  560-4326 x 296 or byron.brady AT durham.gov .

  If you have any questions regarding this message, or want to chat about
  the trail or bridge, or don't know who to ask or talk to about your ideas
  or concerns, please feel free to contact Bill Bussey Triangle
  Rails-to-Trails Conservancy 919 545-9104 americantobaccotrail@
  embarqmail.com or me at 919 286 3827 daclever@ gmail.com

  For more information on the American Tobacco Trail please see our website
  at www.triangletrails.org . I will send directions to city hall closer to
  the meeting date.

  See you there!

  Dan Clever