INC NEWS - perhaps this issue is a different one...

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 13:58:20 EDT 2008

Well said, Randy. Over the years, there have been
numerous such cases down here in Rural/Suburban South
Durham, where the PC overwhelmingly voted against and
the governing bodies approved anyway...to the point
that members of my neighborhood listserv quite
literally couldn't believe the facts that I
presented....they said, 'what do we have a Planning
commission for, if we citizens then have to truck up
to City Hall in order to hope to be heard...and even
then it's just a hope.'

It's often argued that the gov't can't legally vote
against a development for one reason or another.
That's when I say, 'change the local ordinances to
reflect real citizens' concerns.'

Melissa